Year 3: C Coding Beginners
Requirements : Age 12+
Duration : 24 hours ( 3 Months )
What is this Course ?
1. C is a powerful general-purpose programming language.
2. It can be used to develop software like operating systems, databases, applications compilers, etc.
3. C programming is an excellent language and can be learnt by the beginners in coding .
Why this Course ?
1.C is one of the foundations for modern information technology (IT) and computer science (CS).
2. C is the base for almost all popular programming languages and hence C is one of the most commonly used programming languages in academics and industries.
3. Once students have learned C, they can pick up any other languages by themselves.
4. It is robust language whose rich setup of built in functions and operator can be used to write any complex program.
5. The C compiler combines the capabilities of an assembly language with the feature of high level language. Therefore it is well suited for writing both system software and business package.
1. Able to implement the algorithms and draw flowcharts for solving Mathematical
and Engineering problems.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of computer programming language concepts.
3. To be able to develop C programs on linux platform.
4. Ability to design and develop Computer programs, analyzes, and interprets the
concept of pointers, declarations, initialization, operations on pointers and their
5. Able to define data types and use them in simple data processing applications also
he/she must be able to use the concept of array of structures. Student must be able
to define union and enumeration user defined data types.
6. Develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning needed for
Quick recap on C Compilation phases , difference between other compilation phases , data types, storage identifiers loops and statements, Arrays, Functions , Strings , pointers, structures and unions.
Uses Of C Programming
In IoT, also known as the Internet of things, applications
For producing compilers
When developing the operating system used on a desktop as well as a smartphone
To develop and build databases
For developing Internet browsers as well as their extensions
To develop creative applications, such as photography and graphic design tools, as well as desktop and system applications
In embedded systems
1. MODULE 1 C Basics, Input Output operations in C
2. MODULE 2 Data types, Modifiers, storage class
3. MODULE 3 C conditional statement – if, if -else , switch case statements
4. MODULE 4 Pre-increment / post increment Loops in C – for , while , do while
5. MODULE 5 Array – 2 dimensional , multi dimensional arrays
6. MODULE 6 Functions – Defining a function – return type, function name,parameter passing, function body, return
7. MODULE 7 Strings: Using Character array, using string literal,get string input from user, gets and puts
8. MODULE 8 Pointers – Arithmetic operations, Function pointers,Array of function pointers